Gaskell House 75' – Sublime Revival
An outstanding restoration & renovation project with the focus on craftsmanship & the attention to detail. Trengrove, Trengrove & Marshall were commissioned in 1975 to design this home for Mr & Mrs Gaskell. Since then there have been a small number of owners, each have left their mark.
The passion of the current owner has delivered the greatest contribution. Through both a practical & architectural lens the home has been reinforced, strengthened & insulated, modernised for today's lifestyle, yet retaining the architectural expressions of the 70's.
• Inviting & private entrance sets the tone with an amalgam of rich timber & dappled light through the garden canopy
• Sweeping views from the Pacific Ocean to the Southern Alps
• ULEB Logburner, Ducted heatpump & undertile heating
• Some double-glazing compliment wall & underfloor insulation
• Multiple decks opening from nearly every room
• Masterful renovations encompassing both original & new features
• Main floor includes living, dining & kitchen, family bathroom, bedroom, office or 4th bedroom
• Adaptable floor plan with mezzanine overlooking media room & sunken lounge
• Spiral staircase connects floors & custom steelwork balustrades, balconies & screens add finishing touches
• Master bedroom suite including large ensuite with bush outlook, dressing area & balcony
• Wine cellar tucked away, temperate for wine or general storage
• Separate Laundry & workshop
• Added Strengthening, bracing, reinforcing & flitch beams
• Garaging hidden behind concealed auto door
• Cashmere High & Cashmere Primary zones
An outstanding piece of classic Chch Architecture for an improved modern life. A progression from the mid-century era, this period has its own style of adventurous design.
These owners have invested almost a decade in this home, but another purchase is sending them in an entirely different direction. A Sale is now imminent.
Auction: 2.30pm Sat 6 Nov 2021 onsite (unless sold prior)